SO SAD: A formal ipswich town key player was arrested for…

A football fan was arrested mid-game after appearing to spit at an opposition player.

The disgraceful incident occurred during Peterborough’s crunch League One clash against visitors Ipswich.

The hosts needed a win to keep their playoff dream alive.

But they got off to a terrible start when Wes Burns gave Ipswich the lead after just 17 minutes.

The wide-man turned towards Peterborough fans as he celebrated by cupping his hands to his ears.

But for one home supporter, it was too much to take.

The man was caught on camera leaping from his seat as Ipswich players joined Burns for a group hug.

The fan then appeared to lean forward and spit at Burns before swearing.

Meanwhile, Peterborough used their official Twitter account to announce that the fan in question had been robbed by police while the game was still in progress.

A statement read: “The football club can confirm that a gentleman was arrested by police following an incident after the first goal scored by Ipswich Town this afternoon.

“There is no place in the game for incidents like this. The club would like to thank the police for swiftly dealing with it.

Other fans were delighted with Peterborough’s quick actions.

One said: “Well done for responding.”

Another declared: “No room for it, fantastic effort from the club in taking action swiftly.”

Unfortunately for Peterborough, their fortunes did not improve over the course of the game.

Ipswich found a second in the 57th minute through Conor Chaplin.

And Freddie Ladapo made it 3-0 with eight minutes remaining.

The result means Ipswich remain second in the table, one point behind Plymouth Argyle.

Meanwhile, Peterborough have dropped to seventh, with Derby leapfrogging them into the final playoff place.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

SO SAD: A formal everton player confirm dead in the…

The announcement of point deductions may give Everton hope as…